Your Guide to Obtaining a SIM Card in Cuba as a Canadian Tourist
When traveling to Cuba as a Canadian tourist, staying connected to the internet is essential. While internet access in Cuba is improving, it's still a good idea to have a reliable connection. One of the best ways to do this is by getting a tourist SIM card in Cuba. With a tourist SIM, you can enjoy convenient internet access while exploring Cuba. This guide provides all the information you need to obtain a tourist SIM card for your trip.
- How to get a Cuban SIM card as a Canadian tourist in Cuba.
- The easiest way for Canadian tourists to buy a tourist SIM card in Cuba
- What options are available for tourist SIM cards for Canadian tourists in Cuba
- What is the cost of the Cuban tourist SIM card for Canadian tourists?
- Can the Cuban tourist SIM card for Canadian tourists be refilled / recharged?
- Where to pick up your tourist SIM card as a Canadian tourist once in Cuba
- Where can Canadian tourists pick up the tourist SIM card in Varadero, Cuba?
- Can Canadian tourists pick up the tourist SIM card in Holguín Airport, Cuba?
- FAQs on Cuban Tourist SIMs for Canadian Tourists
- Do all cell phones for Canadian tourists function in Cuba?
- Do Canadian tourists need to make any special settings to utilize mobile data in Cuba?
- Can Canadian tourists keep their Cuban SIM card active longer than 30 days?
- Do calls made to the Cuban tourist SIM for Canadian tourists have a cost?
- Can Canadian tourists reload the Cuban tourist SIM card?
- Where can Canadian tourists top-up or recharge the Cuban tourist SIM card?
- How can Canadian tourists find out how many minutes, SMS, and megabytes of data are still on their tourist SIM card?
- Short Tips for Canadian Tourists Obtaining a SIM Card in Cuba
How to Get a Cuban SIM Card as a Canadian Tourist in Cuba
As a Canadian tourist in Cuba, obtaining a Cuban SIM card is a straightforward process. You have the option to purchase a tourist SIM card online in advance and pick it up upon your arrival. Alternatively, you can buy a Cuban tourist SIM card at the Jose Marti Havana airport; however, please note that online payment is required for this option. It's important to mention that you cannot buy a tourist SIM at ETECSA offices; online payment is the only available method.
The Easiest Way to Buy a Tourist SIM Card in Cuba for Canadian Tourists
For Canadian tourists, the most convenient way to acquire a tourist SIM card in Cuba is to pre-order it for collection at Havana Jose Marti Airport terminal 3. You'll find the stand conveniently located at Concourse C, right in front of the luggage collection area, and it operates 24/7. Additionally, you have the option to collect the SIM card at other airports such as Varadero, Cayo Coco, Camaguey, or Holguín, as well as at various ETECSA (Cuba cellphone company) offices across the country. However, keep in mind that airport locations are better equipped for quick and efficient collection.
You can buy it here.
Available Options for Tourist SIM Cards in Cuba for Canadian Tourists
The available SIM Card options for Canadian tourists currently include:
- 6GB of data
- 100 SMS
- 100 minutes
- Valid for 30 days
Cost of the Cuban Tourist SIM Card for Canadian Tourists
The current price of a Cuba tourist SIM card, including the initial 6GB, 100 minutes, and 100 SMS, is 35 USD.
Refilling/Recharging the Cuban Tourist SIM Card for Canadian Tourists
Yes, it is possible to recharge the Cuban tourist SIM card for Canadian tourists. The available plans are:
You can recharge the tourist SIM card here.
Where to Pickup Your Tourist SIM Card Once You Arrive in Cuba
When you arrive in Cuba as a Canadian tourist, obtaining your tourist SIM card is convenient. You can pick up your SIM card at various locations:
- Terminal 3 of the José Martí airport, where you'll find the Etecsa stand in Concourse C, just after passing immigration.
- Terminal 2 Havana Airport.
- Cayo Coco airport
- Santiago de Cuba airport
- Camaguey airport
- Holguín Airport
- Varadero Airport at the CubaTur office or in any of the commercial units of ETECSA.
Make sure to have the code that was sent to you when you placed your order. They will assist you in inserting the SIM card into your phone. Please note that the SIM card is valid for 30 days from the date of activation.
Where Can I Pickup the Tourist SIM Card in Varadero?
There is an Etecsa/CubacelTur stand at Varadero Airport, which is open 24/7.
However, in case of any kind of difficulty, you can go to one of the following ETECSA offices in Varadero to pick up the Cubacel Tur SIM:
- Commercial Office. 30 Varadero Street. (8:30 am - 7:00 pm)
- Commercial Office. 42nd Street. Varadero. (8:30 am - 7:00 pm)
- Commercial Office. Hicacos: 44th Street in Varadero. ETECSA Office in Hicacos Shopping Center (10:00 am - 10:00 pm)
- Commercial Office. Plaza América: ETECSA Office in Plaza América Shopping Center. Varadero. (8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.)
- ETECSA Minipoint. Calle 53. Varadero (8:30 am - 7:00 pm)
- ETECSA Minipoint. Boulevard Varadero (10:00 am - 10:00 pm)
Can I Pickup the Tourist SIM Card in Holguín Airport?
There is an Etecsa/CubacelTur stand at Holguín Airport, which is open 24/7.
FAQs on Cuban Tourist SIMs for Canadian Tourists
Do All Cell Phones Function in Cuba?
Your phone must be unlocked and capable of operating on the following networks, bands, and frequencies in Cuba:
To Utilize Mobile Data in Cuba, Do I Need to Make Any Special Settings?
To use the data of your Cuban Tourist SIM card in Cuba, you must configure the nauta access point on your phone with the following settings:
- Name: nauta
- APN: nauta
Is it Possible to Extend the Activation of My Cuban SIM Card Beyond 30 Days?
No, the activation of a Cuban Tourist SIM card is limited to 30 days, and it cannot be extended beyond this period.
Are There Charges for Calls Made to the Cuban Tourist SIM?
No, when using the Cuban Tourist SIM card, both domestic and international incoming calls are free of charge.
Can I Recharge the Cuban Tourist SIM?
Yes, you have the option to recharge data plans on your Cuban tourist SIM. However, please note that it's not possible to add additional minutes or SMS through recharge.
Where Can I Top-Up or Recharge the Cuban Tourist SIM?
You can easily top-up or recharge your tourist SIM card by visiting the following link: here.
How Can I Check My Remaining Minutes, SMS, and Data on My Tourist SIM?
To check your remaining minutes, SMS, and data allocation on your tourist SIM card, simply dial the code *222*887# from your phone.
Keywords : "Cuba SIM card for Canadian tourists" "Cuba tourist SIM for Canadians" "International SIM for Cuba for Canadians" "Prepaid SIM card for Cuba for Canadians" "Cuba SIM card for travelers from Canada" "Cuba cell phone service for tourists from Canada" "Affordable Cuba SIM card for Canadians" "Cuba SIM card with data for Canadian tourists" "Cuba SIM card for phone calls and texts for Canadians" "Cuba SIM card with unlimited data for Canadians" "Unlimited data for Canadian tourists" "Cheap call rates for Canadian tourists in Cuba" "Fast internet speeds for Canadian tourists in Cuba" "iPhone SIM card for Cuba for Canadians" "Android SIM card for Cuba for Canadians"